Yesterday I reblogged a post from Sasha Black. Something about New Year’s resolutions and unrealistic goal setting.
I neither have resolutions nor do I set goals. I have a ‘wish list’.
What am I wishing for ?
- It would be nice if my blog would be read by someone. There are some people reading it. Not many (160 views in three months.) I am more than grateful. Sasha’s figures are so out of reach; I would be more than happy with just a small percentage of it. The only thing I can do is write blogposts and hope that they will be read. The quality will (and should) improve while doing so. Facebook I won’t touch even if I had gloves on.
- Figuring out if my blog needs a niche ? The plan when I started was a blog about vegetarian cooking and gardening. I’m still cooking vegetarian and will continue to publish recipes. If I’m cooking something worth publishing. I don’t think I could limit myself to only this, I’m afraid. It’s more about writing and my cat at the moment.
- Writing my novel: No one else but me can do it. No one else but me could motivate me to do so. Move your ass. (not really, sit down and write it.) If someone will read it you only know when you’ve written it. I will write it at first for me (and my cat)
- the four year fifty classics challenge. Boy, you love to read. Why do you even mention it on a wish list
- Having nearly 1200 followers on Twitter at the moment is something I’ve never even dreamed of. I’ve no f…ing idea if I want to have more followers. Don’t think I will complain if I have more
- be and stay a human being. No explication necessary I hope.
And to finish it here are the lyrics and a youtube video of the ‘wish list’ by Pearl Jam.
I wish I was a neutron bomb, for once I could go off
I wish I was a sacrifice but somehow still lived on
I wish I was a sentimental ornament you hung on
The Christmas tree, I wish I was the star that went on top
I wish I was the evidence, I wish I was the grounds
For 50 million hands upraised and open toward the sky
I wish I was a sailor with someone who waited for me
I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me
I wish I was a messenger and all the news was good
I wish I was the full moon shining off a Camaro’s hood
I wish I was an alien at home behind the sun
I wish I was the souvenir you kept your house key on
I wish I was the pedal brake that you depended on
I wish I was the verb ‘to trust’ and never let you down
I wish I was a radio song, the one that you turned up